Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Sony SLV-N71 VCR Repair?

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:45:27 -0600, jakdedert wrote:

You know, if it was me, I'd be looking in thrift stores for a 'new' VCR.
I've bought a couple lately for less than $5. At that price, if you
run into a problem unit, you either chalk it up to bad luck and buy
another one; or you fix it...provided you were able to find one of the
better-made models.

Seriously, they're practically dime-a-dozen these days. Unless you're
determined to fix this one, a better one is probably less than $10 away.

Thanks, but I was aware of all that.

SLV-N71's have the feature set I need. I have several of them. This
is the 2nd that has failed in precisely this fashion. If I could
learn to repair this problem, they'd likely work 'till I'm in the grave.

And I hate cheap VCR's. And the last thing I need is another remote.

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc