Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default HELP PLEASE - What Loft Insulation

In message , Cicero
writes
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:41:18 -0800, GMM wrote:

This spaceblanket stuff always looks attractive to me, particularly as
it leads to a lot less itchy stuff floating about the loft! What
niggles slightly in the back of my mind is all the advice I've seen
(mostly on this group) about ventilation in loft spaces - Doesn't the
plastic wrap essentially make a barrier to vapour dispersal compared
with bog-standard fibreglass? Or doesn't it matter really? I guess
the same would apply to the silver bubble-wrap that the OP
suggested....

I can't really answer your question about the possible short-comings of
'Space blanket' other than to say that it's made by one of the major
players in the field of insulation and they should know what they're
doing. We have to trust such people and hope for the best.

Aren't there small perforations in the plastic wrapper (how else would
it squash down so much?).

It certainly is much nicer to handle, and nicer to use a loft with it
in. but this wasn't really a concern for our last loft we had done as we
don't use it for storage or anything.
--
Chris French