Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter[_11_] Peter[_11_] is offline

Default Renovating a kitchen

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
robert wrote:
We are about to start work on renovating our kitchen. I have mapped
out the following steps but would be grateful for your thoughts as to
where a) and b) should fit in and whether I have missed anything
important .
1. Plan layout (use Ikea online 2D/3D planner) including new and
relocated services
2. Remove plaster/block internal wall to create more space
3. Remove existing appliances
4. Remove existing fitted units and wall tiles
5. Chase walls for new and relocated wiring and boxes
6. Run new wiring to boxes (electrician)
7. Relocate h&c 15mm supplies to sink unit and cold only to washing
machine and dishwasher
8. Relocate drain pipework to sink unit, washing machine and
dishwasher 9. Make good walls and ceiling (plasterer if necessary)
10. Fit new wall units
11. Fit new base units (start in corner)

Fit the base units first, then the wall units.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Agreed. Base first then wall units. Apart from anything else they are
designed to be inline.

Also, dont assume that your carpenter can fit 45 degree angled worksurfaces
whilst restricted by the wall units.(depends on your layout.)

My preferred sequence.
base units
wall unit brackets
worktops
hang wall units
tiling (gives full tiles onto worksurface and since wall units have a
'backspace' full tiles pushed up behind wall units with occasional cuts
where the cupboard sides touch the wall).

Peter