Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default HELP PLEASE - What Loft Insulation

Rick coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi,

Can any of the subscribers recommend me a good loft insulation for a
semi-detached two story family house please.

Either PIR board (eg celotex - if you have enough ventilation that it
doesn't cause condensation problems. Expensive but twice as efficient as
rockwool typically, thickness for thickness.

Or sheepswool - the green and un-foul alternative to rockwool. Similar
u-values, and last time I checked, similar prices. Not sold in the sheds
but easy to find local distributors via google.

At the moment I have some old rather scraggy fibreglass material I
need to replace.

Been looking at this, any advice would be much appreciated ???

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/29949/...OCFFQ?ts=64242

That looks like "fad" to me. It may reflect radiant heat but what about
conduction? Doubt it will do any harm, but I'd combine it with a layer of
wool too.

Cheers

Tim