Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default SBR - what *can* it do...

Stuart Noble coughed up some electrons that declared:

Does a bit of it [edit: SBR] by itself set solid like PVA?

Yes, except it's softer, so you don't want a film of it building up on
the surface. Not much chance of that happening due to the low viscosity
(it has the consistency of milk), but it would eventually I suppose.

OK - chances are then, that it would bind up the odd bit of loose crap under
the floor surface if I pour it through a couple of holes. I'll try some -
nothing to lose.

It comes in handy where you need a thin layer of mortar that would
normally crack, repairing steps, sills etc. IIRC Feb 5L was about £25
last time I bought some.

I've got bits of patch repairing to do that's too thick for latex screed + I
need to stick a 15-20mm screed down in a couple of small rooms - sounds
ideal.

Thanks Stuart!

Cheers

Tim