Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
AndyB[_4_] AndyB[_4_] is offline

Default Can't align my Delta table saw fence. Help Me please. - 2 attachments

Wow, Mike, thanks for the detailed response.

I was able to shim the rail slightly and fix the problem.

Thanks a million.

Mike wrote in
:

On 25 Jan 2009 19:58:06 GMT, AndyB
wrote:

I have confirmed that the slots in the table are parallel to the blade
using a dial indicator and a sliding jig. the only thing left is the
fence.

Or the rails.
We used those fences for years and crooked rails can be a cause of
this problem.
You might try to loosen the slotted rod at the front edge of the
fence. This will loosen the grabber at the back of the fence. Loosen
it enough so the back grabber doesn't do anything when you have the
fence snugged down tight at the front.
Next, move the fence a few inches from the slot and with the front of
the Tsquare part of the fence snugged tight (push down on the handle),
loosen the two bolts on the top of the fence. Adjust the fence to be
parallel with your miter guage slot at the front and back and
re-tighten. This is assuming the you have the blade aligned with the
slot. At this point the front is still clamped to the front rail.
Now you know that the fence is good in that position on the rails.