Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are there any single pane replacements for failed double panewindows

On 1/25/2009 7:59 PM Todd spake thus:

For whatever energy saving get from my "double pane"
windows, it can not make up for the expense of having
to replace them every ten years or so.

Are there any single pane replacements for failed
double pane windows? Anything close to the energy savings
with out all the repair costs?

Yes. I assume you're talking about window sashes he if they're fixed
windows, you'll have to have the glass people come out to your house.

Take the sash to a door and window place and have it single-glazed. Simple.

There's not a hell of a lot of difference in the R-values between single
and double-glazed windows. Every little bit helps, of course, but it's
not as if your house is going to turn into a freezer (or an oven) if you
use single glazing. I actually think double-glazing is highly overrated.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)