Posted to alt.home.repair
Perry Aynum Perry Aynum is offline

Default high electric bills (gas heat)

I am just curious for opinions. Looking at my electric bill, it has a
peak in the summer months (presumably because of A/C), but an even
bigger peak in the winter and that's with gas heat. Any idea why that
would be? It's about 200kWh higher in January than it was in August,
which baffles me. I can't think of anything I'm doing now that I
wasn't doing a year ago, but it's about 100kWh higher than January
2008. Thanks!

Did you put in one of those allergen-reducing filters in your furnace? They
can make you blower motor draw more current trying to run. Are you furnace
filters clean?