Posted to sci.electronics.repair
G B G B is offline

Default Help with Sony SLV-N750 VCR

Thanks for the reply...

This VCR will automatically set the clock, so no blinking --:-- forever,
when it works correctly. The problem is, even if you set the clock, when
the unit is put in STANDBY mode. The power supply appears to be unable to
keep its standby power stable. The VCR will reset itself. (again and again
and again) That means if the clock was set while in the powered on state,
when it shuts down, the
clock is reset. Problem is, I have no idea how this VCR power supply keeps
its
standy power working. I assume it shuts down the regular switcher but has
some sort of regulator that provides enough to keep system memory and
bootstrap working. Any other ideas?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
"G B" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Sony SLVN750. It failed such that it had no time display and
would no longer power up when pressing the power switch. I tore it
apart and "shot-gun" replaced the nine capacitors in the general area of
the power supply with capacitors of the same value. It now will power
up and even play a tape BUT when it is powered down (in standby) the
display blinks on and off. It seems the power supply is cycling on and
off. Any idea what would cause this? Any help is appreciated...

Greg (gberry--AT--frontiernet--dot--net)

Maybe just need to set the clock?

Mark Z.

My first thought, too ...

Arfa