Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Craftsman Grinder/Sander model 351.22632 acquired

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:53:58 -0500, Wes wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I have not yet found a source for the 8" self-stick zirconium sandpaper
disks. A prior owner attached some ordinary sandpaper to the disk using
contact cement, so I assume he too was having problems finding the disks.

I gave a shot at googling the adhesive since being able to make my own post-it type
sandpaper has uses for me. Maybe someone will pipe up.

I've used 3M 77 contact cement for sticking sandpaper to plate glass for scary sharp
sharpening but left too long, it is way too agressive.

Wes

I have used a 3M product labeled feathering disk adhesive (see:
http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...6bz9COrrrr Q-
) which claims to hold several applications of new disks to the
backing. I never had much luck due to long interval between disk
changes. I haven't seen it available lately and have used rubber
cement with some success.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada