Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default only slightly OT- how common were these promotional specialty slide rules

I've seen plenty of paper/cardboard calculators for all sorts of things, but
this weekend I ran across a "real" slide rule put out by a hydraulics
company with a couple of scales added for calculating hydraulic/pneumatic
stuff

it's pictured here on ebay ---

What I'm wondering, since this is the first of this style that I've seen, is
how common was this? Most folks I know who were engineers in the 50s had a
Pickett or K&E slide rule, so I'm kind of surprised that anyone would
actually do much with this, but maybe it was aimed at non-engineers?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com