Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Craftsman Grinder/Sander model 351.22632 acquired

In article ,
Wes wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I have not yet found a source for the 8" self-stick zirconium sandpaper
disks. A prior owner attached some ordinary sandpaper to the disk using
contact cement, so I assume he too was having problems finding the disks.

I gave a shot at googling the adhesive since being able to make my own
post-it type sandpaper has uses for me. Maybe someone will pipe up.

What I've found so far from 3M in 8" disks is PSA Discs using their 248D
abrasive, which is rated for steel and non-ferrous. The fancy 3M
abrasive 777F (Cubitron) is not available in 8" discs. The max is 5" or
6".

This from the "3M(TM) Industrial Products for Metalworking Catalog -
Catalog (PDF 6.5 MB)" at www.3M.com.

I've used 3M 77 contact cement for sticking sandpaper to plate glass for
scary sharp sharpening but left too long, it is way too agressive.

If you wet the sandpaper with ordinary lighter fluid and wait awhile, it
should be possible to peel the sandpaper up easily. Paint thinner
probably works as well.

Joe Gwinn