Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default New boiler - what to buy?

"David" wrote in message
On 25 Jan, 21:00, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"David" wrote in message

On 24 Jan, 12:26, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"David" wrote in message

We had a Vaillant ecoTEC+ 937 fitted in October, it's been
brilliant
far, it's very quiet and the hot water performance is
excellent.

Very expensive for what it is, massive on the wall
and poor flow rate once the 15 litre tank is empty.

Take your medication and go to sleep.

You are an idiot!

You have no experience with my boiler,

I know everything about that boiler and there are better boilers
around
that
are far cheaper as well. I said "Very expensive for what it is,
massive
on
the wall and poor flow rate once the 15 litre tank is empty."

The Worcester-Bosch 440 and 550 are superior although washing machine
sized.
The Ethos 54C beats the hell out the 937.

You are bitter because you paid too much
and bought a model with poor DHW
performance to others.

No I am NOT being bitter because
I paid too much.

Beter around than that for less.

Worcester are overrated.

Reliable but the control system is lacking like Vaillants. The HighFlow
550
****es all over your expensive shed.

Ethos is an unknown brand to many.

Top quality.

Imagine the gas supply needed to run the 54C,

28mm down to 22mm, and maybe a bit 35mm at the meter depending on run. No
great shakes.

the 937 suits our
household perfectly and is good quality.
The 937 is superior to the Ethos and Worcester.

You clearly haven't a clue and bought the wrong model.

I researched and asked questions on this group and on other forums.
Honestly I might have considered the Worcester if my DHW requirements
were more than what they are, they are not so high but just a little
higher than normal which is why the 937 suits us perfectly.

Better are around and cheaper.

At one time you were recommending Atmos now it is mostly Broag and
Ethos.

Atmos are still the best quality. Their flowrates are not all that
brilliant, well the models imported into the UK.

Broag are the best price/performance - built in weather compensation,and
quality too. 5 yr guarantee

Ethos are the highest flowrated wall mounted infinitely continuous combis -
built in weather compensation, and quality too.

The control system on a Vaillant is much better than a Worcester IMHO.

Both are crap. Both are 5 years behind. W-B are working on theirs.