Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Shower room / shower tray refurb

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian
saying something like:

I'm guessing that these slimline shower trays want supporting across
the whole area..? (less the bit where the waste fits!)

Is it a cast resin/stone one or plastic?

Plastic trays are rubbish altogether - I haven't seen one yet that's
lasted anything like a cast one and even if they don't get cracked or
holed they just never feel solid enough.

Skinny cast ones also need proper support, but the end result is
definitely worth the extra effort. That's the difference, imo - you go
to a lot of trouble to make a plastic one feel ok, but it's still ****
in the long run.