Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default projected surpluses was Less than 2 days

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:35:15 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

And westerners, who complain about all that federal land that they can't
use
as they see fit, ignore the fact that it's MY tax money that's paying for
THEIR federal recreation areas, and fire protection, and grazing
subsidies,
and so on. Western states get MUCH more money back in federal taxes than
they pay out. And we get the opposite.

Cites for that, please?

Didn't we just go through this a month or so ago? Anyway, here's one tally.
Look at Table 4:

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/Pu...e-in-2005.html

They base their measures on the Consolidated Federal Funds Report from the
Census Bureau, so they're probably the most consistent, state-to-state.

In just _1_ instance in _1_ state, CA, illegals suck up more money
(schools, emergency room, etc.) than the feds return to them, Ed.

So, what's North Dakota's excuse? Montana's? Idaho's?

As for California, let's confine this to the United States of America. g
They don't do that well with federal tax dollars in the first place. They
can't seem to get any of it right.

So you're on the dole, and it's paid for by us. If you doubt it, several
people here can point you to the tax facts. I don't mind this so much
until
I hear one of you guys start to bitch that you're entitled to more. That
gets my hackles up. And it makes me wonder, sometimes, if it was smart to
grant you full statehood, and to just give you all of that federal land,
in
the first place. And I'm only half-joking about that. d8-)

Yeah, and he's a damned top-poster, too.

Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!

Ed Huntress