Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default projected surpluses was Less than 2 days

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:35:15 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

And westerners, who complain about all that federal land that they can't use
as they see fit, ignore the fact that it's MY tax money that's paying for
THEIR federal recreation areas, and fire protection, and grazing subsidies,
and so on. Western states get MUCH more money back in federal taxes than
they pay out. And we get the opposite.

Cites for that, please?

In just _1_ instance in _1_ state, CA, illegals suck up more money
(schools, emergency room, etc.) than the feds return to them, Ed.

Do you think that the fact that they are all working under the table,
and therefore not getting TAXED could have an effect on this? I know I
pay way more in taxes than I use in schools or hospitals, since I
haven't been in either one of those in several years. Perhaps we need
to look at ways to get these people on the tax roles? Or, we could
spend billions more of tax dollars to try to keep them out, 'cuz Larry
wants to pick lettuce in the California heat.

Set up a system to tax even Illegal wages, and start running stings on
all the drywall guys who grab their cheap labor at the Home Depot
parking lot every morning. Make it very expensive to employ and not tax
an Illegal and the demand will dry up. they will leave or they will pay
taxes, either way is a win.

Stuart