Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Using green/yellow as switched live

On 25 Jan 2009 12:18:57 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager"
wrote this:-

The thing was only a metre long.

Then I wouldn't bother to use it.

I don't suppose that cowboys who use the protective conductor as a
live one bother about temperature ratings either, but there isn't a
rash of melted flex. Certainly none of the boilers or pumps which I
have used have ever been so hot where the supply wiring runs that
normal PVC covered cable would be in any danger of melting.

So you'd ignore the recommendation in the boiler installation manual?

Did I say that I would?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh