Sammy

Default Experience w/ Grizzly products?

The next item I opened, the shopfox mobile base, had obviously been opened
before. The Styrofoam casing was broken, the parts bags were opened and
bolts and washers were missing form it.

So, off to Home Depot for parts to replace them and those missing bolts from
the Jointer.

Anyway, that makes them 0 for 3 now, with the dust collector and lathe still
unopened.

They called today to tell me the base for the mortiser was on its way. Their
CS has been great. I just don't want to have to deal with CS. Like any kid
on Christmas day, I want to play with my toys NOW!

Note: I am not a hard-nosed guy. Was polite, etc., didn't demand replacement
of parts I'd already bought, though they offered. Not trying to rip anyone
off here. But you can imagine, when something as serious as a jointer is
missing parts you get concerned about where this machine has been, etc.
That's the real worry.

"Pops" wrote in message
t...
My shop is about 60% Grizzly. I set it up about 3 years ago. I bought a

TS,
6" jointer, Bandsaw, dust collector, and brad nailer and never had a
problem. Nothing was missing or broken. I have also called the customer
service line several times and also received excellent help.

Hope your average picks up.

Good luck.

Craig Orput
Cave Creek AZ
Sammy wrote in message
. ..
Started putting my new Grizzly products together today.

The mortiser had a split in the metal base around one of the legs. I

called
that one in already. They'll get back to me, etc. (?!) How about just

send
out the new base piece?

The jointer is missing the 3 bolts that attach it to the base. Don't

know
what else yet, as I've stopped for the evening.

Haven't opened the lathe and dust collector yet.

Has anybody else had this kind of experience with Grizzly products? I've
come to expect everything to be in its place anymore - not like the

70's.
But they're 0 for 2 so far.