Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Using green/yellow as switched live

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:12:03 UTC, David Hansen
wrote:

On 25 Jan 2009 11:45:43 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager"
wrote this:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CA0dot75F7.html has six cores
plus protective conductor. That should be fine for most household
systems. Unused cores can be terminated and left spare.

Think I looked at that one, but nothing about being rated to 90 deg. C.

Simply terminate it near anything that may get hot and use suitable
cable from there to the hot bit.

The thing was only a metre long. And I'd still need to source the cable
for the last bit. The spec said 90 deg. so that's what I used.

I don't suppose that cowboys who use the protective conductor as a
live one bother about temperature ratings either, but there isn't a
rash of melted flex. Certainly none of the boilers or pumps which I
have used have ever been so hot where the supply wiring runs that
normal PVC covered cable would be in any danger of melting.

So you'd ignore the recommendation in the boiler installation manual?

http://www.diybanter.com