Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to clean vent for dryer

On 1/24/2009 9:17 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Bubba wrote:

So what if the dryer is gas?

I grew up with gas space heaters; didn't bother me.

Look! A squirrel.

Take a look at the new gas VENTLESS fireplaces.
Read the first two pages of the manual.
Nothing but cautions and warnings. Oh, and dont forget that they tell
you to open a window several inches during operation!!
Yeah, that works real well when its 0 degrees outside.
I wonder why they want the window open??
Must have something to do with oxygen, lungs, organs operating
properly, etc.

No, it has to do with lawyers. I got six pages of warnings, admonitions,
instructions, and prayers with a new step-stool! (Do not use while operating
heavy machinery, during thunderstorms, while eating licorice, etc.)

You must get a kick out of the Harbor Freight warnings on the packages,
as I do. No matter what the product is, the warning is invariably the same:

WEAR SAFETY GLASSES

Doesn't matter if the product is a tube of glue, a pack of sandpaper or
a hex wrench. I guess that's the Chinese take on how to mimic American
safety warnings.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)