Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] josejarvie@ssnet.net is offline

Default Suggested Appliance Replacement Periods

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:45:23 -0800 (PST), in misc.consumers.frugal-living
" wrote:

On Jan 24, 1:08Â*pm, Sue Bilkens wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 07:19:15 -0600, in misc.consumers.frugal-living "HeyBub"

wrote:

You're an amateur.

"[UK] Frederick Stephens was among the first in Britain to buy [a microwave
oven] and 150,000 meals later, it is still going strong. "

He bought it 40 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-oldest-micro...

Kewl.. mine is a 1975 Sharp Carousel and it wieghs much more then a modern
microwave. Â*The door is so solid on mine that I find myself slamming the doors
on the newer models in the office. Â*I just wish I could find an easy way to
replace the light bulb.

I have the same microwave Sharp Carousel and I have to laugh when I
think about how well it still works. I can't figure out which of my
kids to leave it to.

Awesome.. I got mine from my parents when they bought a newer one, it was
the first microwave they ever bought and I still remember the day they got it.
Is yours harvest gold color too? The newer microwaves are much faster but I'm
not going to switch.

The above story in the daily mail a hoax I think. The microwave in that article
seems to be a newer model. Some people say it is from 1984. Also he must be
making 10.2739 meals a day for his number to be correct.