Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiremold: a review

On 1/24/2009 1:58 PM John Grabowski spake thus:

*I clicked on some of the links for 500/700 series. The pdf numbers are
different than the actual part numbers. Maybe the numbers that are used are
for the retail outlets. When I order Wiremold I just use the part numbers,
but I buy the parts at an electrical supply and I think some of the parts
are packaged differently from those at a big box store. As I mentioned
before you can go to an electrical supply and ask to look at their Wiremold
catalog. From there you can compile your list of materials. This goes for
just about anything electrical; boxes, fittings, light bulbs, switches and
receptacles etc.

Yes, that all makes sense. Next time (if there is a next time), I'll not
be lazy and go to a real electrical supply place (there are a couple
around he best one is a Chinese-owned place in downtown Oakland). My
catalog (printed) is on its way.

I tend to go to Home Despot too much for stuff. I'm figuring out what
should be bought there (like cheap lumber: it's easier to just grab a
bunch of 2x4s and plywood there, rather than have them write me up a
ticket at a "real" lumberyard) and what I should buy elsewhere, even if
it is more expensive.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)