Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Using green/yellow as switched live

wrote in message
Sorry for the confusion - It is flex!
The wiring in question is approx 2m length between the wiring centre
and the boiler. I guess the guy didn't have any multi-core cable and
so has used 2 x 3 cores instead.
One carries L/N/E from the wiring centre to the boiler. The other
carries SWITCHED LIVE to the boiler and L/N from the boiler to the
pump (via wiring centre). IIRC it is the pump live that is carried on
the green/yellow wire.

Incidentally the boiler manual is here; http://tinyurl.com/dcsy8q .
Page 34 shows the pump L & N fed from the boiler, but I can't see any
reason why the N couldn't be taken locally from the wiring centre...
or is there normally some reason why both L & N would need to be fed
from the boiler PCB?
Mike

The neutral connection on the boiler for the pump is there for convenience.
A neutral may be taken from the wiring centre if you wish to do so.

Adam