Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggested Appliance Replacement Periods

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:00:04 -0800, Sue Bilkens
wrote:

how about numbers for microwave ovens and vacuum cleaners. I find I am in a
constant battle against planned obsolescence with vacuum cleaners. Even my
really expensive "Shark" needs repair all the time.

Going on the 18 year of using a Panasonic vacuum cleaner, used twice a
week. Replaced the belt one time and repaired a tool holder. The
Whirlpool microwave lasted 13 years with daily use.