Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This is the cheapest mansion (not a large house, but a mansion)I've ever seen for sale ($184,900)

On Jan 24, 9:09*am, Frank wrote:
On Jan 24, 7:47*am, aemeijers wrote:

Chris Tsao wrote:
http://www.odbrmls.com/scripts/mgrqi...t&PRGNAME=MLSP...

$184,900

Oneonta, NY

'Historic' often = 'Money Pit'. Obviously has been updated inside, but
was it just cosmetic, or have the HVAC and plumbing actually been
updated as well? And unless they did a really careful job patching the
old walls, doesn't look like much insulation. I notice they do not show
the roof or foundation in closeup, either. Could be a hell of a deal,
caused merely by the local economy there going south, but I suspect
there is a reason the price is so low. *While I don't care for the tiny
rooms in older houses like that, I do love the interior woodwork a lot
of them had, like those stairs, and that striped floor.

--
aem sends...

Also in NY, property taxes are extremely high. *No clue in listing.- Hide quoted text -

Property taxes aren't exremely high in all of NY state. The area
where this house is located, in rural upstate NY, shouldn't have high
taxes. If you want to see high property taxes, come here to NJ. I'm
paying $10K on a 3 bedroom/ 2 1/2 bath 3100 sq ft house. I'll bet
the taxes on this "mansion" are less than half that, probably more
like a third.