Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Konka K2001UM service

On 1/24/2009 10:38 AM DAN LITOV spake thus:

On Jan 23, 2:19 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Just got a working Konka TV (left in the street, literally). Works OK,
except that the picture's a bit dimmer than I think it should be, even
with the brightness cranked up all the way (60 on the on-screen
display), also with maximum contrast.

I think that's why they left the son of a bitch out in the street in
the first place?

Could be. It's certainly watchable; I'm not too picky about TVs, as I
consider it pretty much throw-away low-level entertainment (even if I do
watch way too much of it!), and it's certainly better than the set it
replaced, an old Panasonic that was given to me several years ago.

I have just enough interest in this problem to eventually pop off the
back of the set and try to find a trimmer pot to adjust (only if
labeled; I'm not a "ghost tweaker" type). Was hoping that maybe someone
else had been down this road before.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)