Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sony SLV-N71 VCR Repair?

On Jan 23, 3:36*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Greetings,

I've been running Sony SLV-N71 VCR's for years.

One failed this week. When I attempted play-back, I got a mixture of play-back
image and audio/video static.

Perhaps most importantly, when I set the remote to 'video' with no tape playing,
I get a blue screen, some audio static, and a weird (and loud) 'scratch-scratch'
sound that repeats endlessly. When I set the remote to 'TV', I get the normal
reception images (tuned from a cable box).

I assume this is a serious problem. If it might be repairable, even requiring
cannibalized parts, I'd like to know about it.

I'm not tremendously adept at electronic repair, but I'm willing to try, can
solder a little, etc.

* Thanks,
* Puddin'

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
* *- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

Clean the heads. Sounds like a head clog.