Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default This is the cheapest mansion (not a large house, but a mansion)I've ever seen for sale ($184,900)

On Jan 24, 7:47*am, aemeijers wrote:
Chris Tsao wrote:
http://www.odbrmls.com/scripts/mgrqi...t&PRGNAME=MLSP...

$184,900

Oneonta, NY

'Historic' often = 'Money Pit'. Obviously has been updated inside, but
was it just cosmetic, or have the HVAC and plumbing actually been
updated as well? And unless they did a really careful job patching the
old walls, doesn't look like much insulation. I notice they do not show
the roof or foundation in closeup, either. Could be a hell of a deal,
caused merely by the local economy there going south, but I suspect
there is a reason the price is so low. *While I don't care for the tiny
rooms in older houses like that, I do love the interior woodwork a lot
of them had, like those stairs, and that striped floor.

--
aem sends...

Also in NY, property taxes are extremely high. No clue in listing.