Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default high electric bills (gas heat)

On Jan 23, 8:22*pm, wrote:
I am just curious for opinions. *Looking at my electric bill, it has a
peak in the summer months (presumably because of A/C), but an even
bigger peak in the winter and that's with gas heat. *Any idea why that
would be? *It's about 200kWh higher in January than it was in August,
which baffles me. *I can't think of anything I'm doing now that I
wasn't doing a year ago, but it's about 100kWh higher than January
2008. Thanks!

Do an energy audit and see where you waste it. A Kill- A- Watt meter
and clamp on amp meter is all you need. Do you use CFLs. Pumps,
compressors, motors, can use alot more energy as they die.