Posted to alt.home.repair
sanity sanity is offline

Default How to clean vent for dryer

"Sharp Dressed Man" wrote in message
"Znott" wrote in message
About 8 years ago, someone came out and cleaned our vent to the dryer
since it was clogged. My vent begins in the laundry room and travels
about 30 feet and exits out the wall on the side of my home. My wife
was home, so I'm not sure how it was cleaned out.

To clean this myself, what tool or tools would I need and how much
would it cost?

I push a long thin flexible plumber's snake through mine which is about
the same length as yours-- mine is all rigid duct. Then I tape a big round
brush to the end of the snake and pull it through, I usually need to
repeat that a few times.

I got the brush at HD-- about $6-7 in the cleaning products section.

The other thing I've done is push a shop vac hose in as far as possible
from both ends. Sucking works better than blowing for me.

I've used my leaf blower and it works like a charm.