Posted to alt.home.repair
New York Contractor New York Contractor is offline

Default high electric bills (gas heat)

On Jan 24, 10:22*am, wrote:
I am just curious for opinions. *Looking at my electric bill, it has a
peak in the summer months (presumably because of A/C), but an even
bigger peak in the winter and that's with gas heat. *Any idea why that
would be? *It's about 200kWh higher in January than it was in August,
which baffles me. *I can't think of anything I'm doing now that I
wasn't doing a year ago, but it's about 100kWh higher than January
2008. Thanks!

Hi,

Everything in our homes is prone to wear and tear. There might be
some energy leak in your home that you may not be aware of. Heating
definitely accounts for the largest expense in homes, especially
during winter months. And the figure could even grow if this factor
runs inefficiently.

You could check on some key areas where heating might be wasted. Your
home heating system might already need a replacement or some tuning up
for maximized efficiency. The attic, windows and doors and other
areas should be evaluated in case home heating seeps through.

Best,

The Craftsmen Network
http://www.craftsmennetwork.com/