Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Realist@nospam.com is offline

Default More economic disaster on the way, and what should be done about it

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:00:38 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I don't know what you're getting all exercised about! I was trying
to give the president all the credit he deserves. The president has
said over and over that he will negotiate with anybody and I take
that to mean 'turrists" (but possibly not Republicans).

Just for the record here, I fully expect Obama to be every bit as
much a disaster for the Palestinians (meaning that he will utterly
fail to resolve the "Middle East crisis") as any of his predecessors.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... We'll still get high marks for
trying, and our reputation in the world is what counts.

His appointment of Dennis Ross practically guarantees that.

I dunno. Dennis Ross is a brilliant and thoughtful emissary. I can tell that
because he appears on Fox News from time to time.

(His
appointment of George Mitchell as envoy to Israel/Palestine is
encouraging, but I doubt that Mitchell will be given enough slack in
his leash to accomplish his nearly-impossible self-imposed task.)

Mitchell solved the Irish problem. Or they got tired of fighting, I forget
which.

You can't "solve" a problem involving Hamas. They have stated
repeatedly, on the Web and in other media, what their objective is.

Destruction of Israel.

They have zero interest in creating a Palestinian state.

The poor wretches in Gaza would LOVE to get these religious
maniacs off their backs. They bitterly regret having voted Hamas in as
hoped-for contrast with Fatah's utter, total corruption. But nobody
dares speak out; it's worth your life to oppose killer Hamas..

BTW - Look up "hudna". It's their version of "truce". The purpose is
to gain a breathing space to re-arm. This goes back to their prophet,
Mohammed, who in the 7th century entered into a ten-year truce with an
enemy, and violated it two years later when he was ready for combat.

Israel comes off as suckers, because when they make a promise, like a
six-month truce, they keep it. Hamas, on the other hand, never
stopped firing rockets into Israel. Problem is, Israel waited too
long to do something about Hamas' phony "truce". This rocket fire
has been going on for YEARS, while the biased media
weeps & wails about the poor Palestinians.

What would YOU do if an enemy who had sworn to destroy
you kept firing rockets into your homes and schools (yes, schools!)
driving you and your family into near breakdowns from fear; living
with a 15-SECOND window to get themselves and their children
to a shelter when the alarm sounds.

Honest answers only, please.

Same thing after 1967. Five Arab armies attacked Israel, encouraging
Palestinians to flee -- promising they could return in a few weeks and
take over the Jews' properties. Well, it didn't quite work out that
way. So the rich Arab countries deliberately let them stew
in "refugee camps" -- perfect breeding grounds for several
generations of terrorists.

BTW - did you notice any aid flowing from the rich Arab countries
to the suffering Gazans? Of course not! Leaving them in their misery
makes such priceless anti-Israel propaganda. But plenty of
munitions (as well as drugs and prostitutes) smuggled from
hypocritical Egypt via the tunnels, and even attempts to bring in
Iranian munitions by sea.