Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default My Toilet Is Confusing Me.

On Jan 23, 2:28*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Yes. My present toilet has always worked that way. Rather than even
bother to open the lid and look inside, I've chosen to treat this as a
feature rather than a bug; I can regulate the length of the flush by how
long I hold the handle down (so long for #1, longer for #2, etc.). A
true variable-flush commode.

I just replaced both my screwed up Al Gore toilets with Toto brand
toilets. The tank-to-bowl opening (plus flapper) is twice the area of
the removed ones. The tank empties in about 2 seconds. With the
water moving that fast, it sucks the flapper right back down if you
don't hold the handle. But that is a very minor inconvience for a
flush that works with the force of a garden hose.

Red