Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My Toilet Is Confusing Me.

On 1/23/2009 6:16 AM DerbyDad03 spake thus:

Over the past few days one of my toilets had been giving me a bit of
trouble.

Normally I could just push the handle down and let go. The flap would
stay up until the tank was empty and I would get a complete flush.

Recently I found that the flap was dropping down too soon (almost
immediately) so the toilet wouldn't flush. I had to hold the handle
down for a little while so the flap would stay up and give me a full
flush - not the whole time it took to empty the tank, but longer than
just a single "push and let go."

[...]

Any thoughts?

Yes. My present toilet has always worked that way. Rather than even
bother to open the lid and look inside, I've chosen to treat this as a
feature rather than a bug; I can regulate the length of the flush by how
long I hold the handle down (so long for #1, longer for #2, etc.). A
true variable-flush commode.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson