Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default OT - Kettle

"Ron Lowe" ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote in message
"John" wrote in message
Bought a new electric kettle at ASDA - only £3.

It made me think - how much would a 13 amp plug cost if we still had to
buy one when we bought an appliance? I recall they used to be about £1:50
in the good old days (for a white one)

Do you not wonder what kind of exploitation is going on to provide you
with a £3 kettle?

--
Ron

Possibly the same that provides a £20 kettle which has had an 'acceptable /
known' transfer stuck on it to give the retailer a bigger profit. The far
eastern factory probably sells them for £1 to whoever will take them - and
will stick a name on to suit.

Plugs - I seem to recall in the 60's / 70's that they cost over £1. I
wasn't reflecting on the current price of a plug - which has been subjected
to the same shift in manufacturing origins and methods.