Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default New boiler - what to buy?

In message , NoSpam
writes
Harry Stottle wrote:
... snipped
It could be that the first guess for a repair is the PCB, then when this is
replaced and is found to have not cured the problem, the real culprit is
detected and replaced, i.e. the fan.

... snipped

When BG came to fix my Glowworm (according to Wife) they had a device
that could interrogate the PCB so I assume there's a standard interface
that allows them to read fault history and parameters before replacing.

Fine when it works

an example ...

The other day, we were testing some Ideal Icos modules and we started
getting an "HE" fault - which points to a module fault. Actually, it was
a broken earth wire to the flame box

So ... take PCB diagnostics with a pinch of salt

--
geoff