Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beeswax ?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Telling me what I have done for years
in cleaning is rubbish. I know what methods work for me and no
amount of qualifications you can throw at it will persuade me
otherwise.

So, never mind the facts, your pre concieved, ill informed opinions
rule.

Have you actually tried any of these 'old wives tale' cleaning
methods, Dave? I suspect not.

No I haven't. I know enough about chemistry and enough about cleaning not
to waste my time.

Interestingly, we now find out that the main proponent of these natural
chemicals seems to use microfibre cloths. These will be doing the bulk of
the cleaning and would work just as well without the natural, green
chemicals.

SNIP

Other thing is supermarket cleaners don't give the ingredients. You
might well be using the common chemicals you seem to despise so much
but hidden behind fancy branding.

Nope. It's easy enough to make an informed guess as to whats in them.
Apart from which, there would be no point in trying to sell them - they
don't work effectively and would cause complaints.

FWIW I now buy pretty well all such things in Lidl under a non
advertised brand. Which apart from being cheaper per bottle than the
popular ones also comes in larger quantities. I avoid anything called
'Mr Muscle' or 'Cillit Bang' like the plague. If I had my way they'd
be prosecuted for misleading advertising...

When I said 'go to Tesco' I didn't mean to suggest people bought high end
brands. I buy supermarket own brand value/budget stuff.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk