Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More economic disaster on the way, and what should be done aboutit

On 1/23/2009 7:42 AM HeyBub spake thus:

wrote:

On another note, how did you like the response Obama got from those
peace loving Hamas friends or yours? Obama made a statement that the
Palestinians must stop firing rockets at Israel and Israel must
complete it's troop withdrawl from Gaza. Seems pretty reasonable to
me. The response from Hamas was swift. They said Obama is
following Bush and is destined to another 4 years of failure in the
Middle East. That despite the fact that Obama spent the last year
going out of his way to try to be nice to them and kiss their
asses. Gee, what a swell bunch of reasonable, decent, peace loving
folks.

He's trying.

His very first call to a foreign leader as president was to a dude named
Mahmoud.

Good god, your ignorance is breathtaking, just spectacular.

You're talking about Mahmoud Abbas, the head of the Palestinian
Authority. Abbas is Israel's (and the US's) lapdog, the anti-Hamas,
"moderate" statesman that Israel will talk with, as opposed to the
democratically-elected actual government of Palestine, which is Hamas.

But I guess 'round heah', all you gotta do is throw out some Arab's name
and everyone just nods their heads and agrees that he must be a "turrist".

Bunch of ****ing idiots, the lot of you.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson