Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiremold: a review

On 1/23/2009 8:58 AM bud-- spake thus:

The unpainted back of the elbow slides into the end of the channel
behind the unpainted back of the channel and in front of the painted
channel front (which bends around in back of the channel back). This
tight interconnection is done at all connections at the end of a piece
of channel and is important for grounding the Wiremold. You may have
done this but didn't slide the pieces together far enough. It should be
clear how far the pieces are intended to slide together.

The elbow cover does snap over the channel and there is overlap.

All that makes sense now. I did everything you said except for
overlapping the channel and the elbow covers, which is a mainly cosmetic
thing. Will do it correctly the next time.

Probably commonly omitted - at the end of the channel at a box a tunnel
shaped bushing fits into the end of the channel and protects wires from
the sharp cut end of the channel. (I had trouble finding bushings at the
BORG.)

I actually was able to get those bushings, which come in the "accessory
pack" that the orange Borg had.

I haven't looked at the Wiremold site for a long time. Would be
surprised if there aren't instructions, but maybe not. My old paper
catalog (which others refer to) shows how to install Wiremold and the
parts that are available to make the stuff useful.

As someone else here pointed out, there's a page on their site where you
can order either a CD or a paper catalog. I ordered the catalog.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson