Posted to alt.home.repair
Handplanes Handplanes is offline

Default Do you believe these BTU's?

John Grabowski wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

I've been assuming that the heater is hydronic. What leads you to
believe it's electric?

*The giveaway is watts. They could be self contained hydronic heaters with
electric elements to heat the liquid. I would be concerned about the
heaters being approved for use in the USA and also whether the electrical
connections are compatible with USA methods of connection.

I assumed that they were electric for the same reason - I've never
seen watts as a unit measurement for anything other than an electric
heater/radiator. After a quick Google I found the technical specs and
it is indeed a hydronic radiator. The specs have installation
instructions and reference PFTE tape and valves, so that's pretty
definitive.

I wonder why they give both BTU/h and watts...