Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default My site - feedback welcome

In article
ebd writes:
Edit images for size. I didn't check all of them, but the zebrawood
bowl second from the bottom, for example, is 1200x1600 pixels.

Where are you getting this from? I'm going nuts trying to follow your
ideas on size but I'm missing something. When I look at the properties
of the Zebrawood bowl it is 973x730 pixels. What am I missing?

I see it too. (BTW, cool bowl.)

Clicking that thumbnail gets http://www.eskimoblueday.com/slides/IMG_0510.html .
That page (in the HTML) gives a *display* size of 973x730.

But if I select "view image" (right click in Firefox), it shows me
that the image file is 1600x1200 (and 625,603 bytes).

If you scale down the image file, to the size you are displaying,
then things load faster. In this case, you should end up with a
file ~36% the size you have now.

It isn't causing me a problem. I just can't resist the occasional
tech-support question that I know how to answer.

--
Drew Lawson | What is an "Oprah"?