Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Legacy Ornamental Mill and 80/20 Systems

I see these mills for sale on craigs list all the time. Try the Craigs
List Reader Pro by CraigsPal. There is a free version and it lets you
search across the world of craigs lists. I selected the entire united
states, searched on Legacy under Tools and found these three listings.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/tls/1001739578.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/998831961.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tls/996255167.html

On Jan 23, 9:18*am, BrianSiano wrote:
Like many of you, I've been lusting after the Legacy Ornamental Mill.
As a hobbyist, I don't do enough routing or turning to justufy buying
even their cheapest system. But it's clearly capable of some truly
amazing work.

The idea of building a similar system's also intriguing (hey, isn't
designing jigs part o the fun of woodworking?). But I'm amazed that,
despite lengthy Web searches on people who've built their own mills,
that almost nobody's mentioned the 80/20 "industrial erector set"
system (http://www.8020.net/)--especially since its components are
extremely similar to those of the Legacy Mill's.

Has anyone ever tried to build a Legacy-like mill with 80/20 parts?