Suz

Default Condensing Tumble Driers

A washer dryer will consume more electricty as it has to dry itself.
Not
good for a busy family - A wash and dry cycle takes about 2 hours. At 3
washes a day for us, it just wouldn't work. For a bloke on his own it

would
be great. Stick it on the morning and it's all down when you come home.
The "keep turning after drying complete" option would be vital in this

case
to avoid ironing.

Must go. Tumble dryer just finished it's cycle. )

Does this tumble and use Comfort only work on condensing dryers?

No IMM I'm sure it would be exactly the same on a bog standard one. The
only reason we got one is its location - shoved in the corner of the room as
a temporary measure (but I reckon it'll be permenant). We could be bothered
putting in a drain or vent.

But again the extra features like moisture sensor to stop, and keep turning
after cycle complete would be necessary for best results if you wish to
avoid ironing. The extra cost would be recouped easily if you compared it to
a years electricity consumption of an iron or the cost of an ironing
service. My mother's is the cheapest, timer only job. It absolutely toasts
the clothes and although they come out really dry they look a bit crumply.
I thought ours wasn't very efficient at first, but now I realise that tiny
bit of moisture left allows the last wrinkles to drop when clothes are
removed from dryer.

The lulling sound of the dryer is an great unexpected bonus. I'm sitting on
the bed with the laptop now, and hubby is snoozing off one of his migraines
and baby is SNORING in his cot. The soft sound is very relaxing. Reminds
me of a kid in the farmhouse when all was quiet and the kettle was singing
on the Rayburn Royal. My point being: I think the bedroom is a brilliant
location for a dryer.

hth
Suzanne