Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default "I Hope Obama Fails"

.. .

"SteveB" wrote in message

.. .

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
snip---.

Anyway, we were prescribed pain medication. Didn't even bother to
have the
prescriptions filled. I'm not keen on risking such things---although
have one hell of a strong constitution and rarely give in to such
temptation. The only thing that has ever run my life is my thirst
for
gold, and my love for music. I'd hate to get hooked on one of those
little
magic vacations you spoke of. Be strong-----I have yet to meet a
person
that has an improved life because of drugs.

Harold

I agree.

I threw out nearly all the vicodin after having some intense dental
work done.

You need to eat before taking those things, and it's hard to eat when
your
mouth is a stitched up wreck. By the time you can eat again.

I suspect if you have a decent pain tolerance and something called will
power, you don't need most of that stuff and won't get addicted to
drugs/pills/whatever in the first place.

Those that are weak and can't control themselves always find
destructive
addictions anyways.

Yep! Needy people. They generally have a crutch of
sorts ----smokes----beer-----drugs-----anything but facing the world
cold turkey.

No need to get in my face for my comments. I smoked a pipe for years,
and enjoy a scotch and water as much as anyone---- (but no drugs).
However, the harsh reality is many folks simply don't function without
their crutch. It may even be the religion of their choosing..but they
have something that acts as a detraction, or what ever you choose to
call it.

Not me------I just slog along and deal with things as they come up. And
listen to music! :-)

Harold

I choose to let each person decide for themselves, not to judge, and to
let everyone answer in their own way for what they've done. I know I
sure spend less time thinking about them. Got two friends right now, one
dealing with multiple surgeries from Crohn's disease and related kidney
ailments, the other bladder cancer. Boy, they sure like their pain
pills. Guess they're just weak minded people who can't handle reality.
If you're so strong, pour the scotch down the sink.

Steve

You're a little (or a lot) delusional if you think I'm speaking to folks
that have a medical condition and require sedation. Way to go, Steve,
twisting things so you come out looking like a winner. You failed).

My comments are directed to those morons that use "recreational"
drugs-----a term that makes no sense to anyone that has enough sense to
come in out of a storm.

Why should I pour my scotch down the drain? I don't have need to show the
world I'm stupid. What the hell has that got to do with anything, anyway?
Surely you can do better than that.

Or can you?

Harold

If the reader cannot read the above and form their own conclusion, they
should go over to rec.kites, or some other similar newsgroup. I'm not
delusional. I'm just like you - opinionated.

Steve