Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD Mains socket outlets Active vs Passive

On 23 Jan 2009 11:46:03 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

My outdoor socket circuit is run from a 10mA RCBO in the consumer unit,
and has never false tripped.

Surprised you can get the thing to reset if there is a decent extension
cable on the circuit. I have a plug in 10mA RCD, it's 50:50 if it will
stay in if you try to reset with it still connected to the supply. It's a
PITA so don't use it, thus can't remember if it will latch without a
supply. I think not otherwise it wouldn't be such a PITA...

--
Cheers
Dave.