Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mike.peppert@googlemail.com is offline

Default Using green/yellow as switched live

My plumbers sparky has installed my heating system, but has used the
green/yellow wire in one cable as a switched live. The core has been
marked, (with red rather than brown tape, but that is another
issue!). Previous posts in this group seriously depricate this
practice - in my opinion with very good reason.
The question is though, can anyone point me at a specific regulation
that prohibits using a sleeved green/yellow cable as a live?
Note: this is a flexible cable so the 'earth' has the same CSA as the
other conductors.
I'd like to be able to throw this back at the plumbers with a definite
regulation to quote at them...
Mike