Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] fullyabsorbent@gmail.com is offline

Default ducting size question

On 23 Jan, 14:04, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
i'm not sure about your duct sizing, but i'm curious as to why you need to
move so much air AND where is the replacement air coming from?

wrote in message

I need to extract 247 cubic metres per hour from my bathroom. I will
be using a 150mm ceiling fan capable of extracting 250 m3/ph. Can you
tell me which ducting system I should use for this? I have a 1.5 metre
run. Currently I have 100mm circular flexible hose already installed,
I intend to use a 150mm – 100mm reducing spigot. Do you think this is
sufficient or should I increase the hose diameter, to system 125 for
example?

If I go larger than 100mm hose I will need to use rectangular flexible
hose. It seems that the only rectangular flexible hose options are
options available are “system 125” (150mm x 70mm) or “System
204” (204mm x 60mm). *System 150 (180mm x 90mm) does not seem to be
available as rectangular flexible hose. Is this correct and what do
you recommend?

Many thanks for you help

I have used a fan size calculator for a bathroom with a power shower
and this the figure it came out with for a room of this size. I am
currently moving 90 cubic meteres an hour and it is not sufficient -
mould, condensation, rust etc . The replacement air is coming from the
hall outside the bathroom.