Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] boyntonstu@gmail.com is offline

Default Is it possible to reverse the rotation of a radial saw motor?

On Jan 22, 10:17*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

Yes, Turn the motor and blade unit 180 degrees so that the blade is
located on the opposite side.

So uh, while my answer may have seemed like a wise ass answer, if you took
my suggestion would it accomplish what you are trying to do? *Having use a
RAS for 5 or 6 years to build probably half the furniture in my house and
used lots of attachments on it, I have never needed to make the motor spin
in the opposite direction in which it was wired to do.
Why do you need to reverse the spin on yours?

I have been experimenting with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDrKjY0adw

No shown are a few more items that we installed later:

A chip deflector and a scrub brush anti-kickback.

I am also working on a mechanical hold down.

Just having fun and games,