Posted to sci.electronics.repair
G B G B is offline

Default Help with Sony SLV-N750 VCR

Hi,

I have a Sony SLVN750. It failed such that it had no time display and
would no longer power up when pressing the power switch. I tore it apart
and "shot-gun" replaced the nine capacitors in the general area of the power
supply with capacitors of the same value. It now will power up and even
play a tape BUT when it is powered down (in standby) the display blinks on
and off. It seems the power supply is cycling on and off. Any idea what
would cause this? Any help is appreciated...

Greg (gberry--AT--frontiernet--dot--net)