Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default zero clearance insert

From http://www.plasticsintl.com
"Care should be taken to keep tools sharp because UHMW-PE can rapidly
dull tool cutting edges,..."

That's just plain amazing! You wouldn't believe how much of that stuff
I've cut with my TS and BS without any noticeable effect on the blades.

Of course, we might need to take into account that on the TS I cut with
an Olson 10x100 carbide-tipped blade ($50 from Menards).

I'm right with you.
But I've always heard and read that from people in the plastics industry.

One man's dull is another man's sharp.

Try talking to a machinist about "flat" or an "exact measurement."
They consider woodworkers to be riding the short bus. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--